What is Feather Touch Tattooing?
Cosmetic enhancement / semi permanent makeup involving implanting micro pigmentation into the dermis layer of the skin through the use of thin needles.
Feather touch brows look completely natural as each strand of hair is scratched into the skin creating a mild break allowing the pigment to imbed into your brows to frame the face. A metal hand tool with fine needles is used to create fine hair strokes.
- Diabetes - Clients who have diabetes have a slower healing time. DR note required.
- Blood thinners - Excess bleeding will hamper pigment staying in the skin. Client will need to check with their DR and be off their medication for at least 7 days.
- Asprin or Fish Oil Capsules - Capsules taken that have an oil content (e.g Fish Oil) should be ceased 7 days prior to the treatment as this medication thins the blood and can lead to unnecessary bleeding.
- Heart palpitations - Anesthetics can go into the blood stream. If clients suffer from this advise them they may experience this especially if they are nervous of stressed,
- High Blood Pressure - DR note required
- Facial Surgery - Cannot work on client if they have had facial surgery in the area to be tattooed in the last 3 months
- Pregnancy - Do not tattoo. Anesthetics can have unwanted effects.
- Glaucoma - DR note required
- Eye Disorders - Do not work on area until clear
- Lash Enhancement Serum - Client must stop using this at least 3 months prior to procedure as it thickens the skin of the eyelid presenting a barrier to the pigment.
- Cold sores - Do not work on a client that has an active cold sore.
- Collagen Injections and Fillers - Both present a barrier to the pigment holding. Advise client.
- Vitamins - Many Vitamins thin the blood. Ask client to stop taking 7 days prior to procedure.
- Under 18 years old – Written consent from parent required and must be present during procedure
- Latex (can use latex free disposable gloves)
- Client must keep in mind that they will not look their best a few days following the procedure. There may be some swelling and crusting and the brows will look very dark (which is normal)
- Due to causing trauma to the skin on the face if the client usually suffers from cold sores we would recommend they see their physician for appropriate anti-viral medication as stress is a big factor the cold sore breakouts (be sure NOT to prescribe)
- If a client has dry eyes they may need additional rinsing and lubrication following treatment as area is more sensitive
- Patch test clients with known sensitivities to drugs and cosmetics
- Client to have their brows waxed / threaded plucked 3 – 5 days prior to procedure
- When coming in for your procedure draw on your eyebrows as you normally would, this will allow me to see how you usually shape your eyebrows and the colour you are comfortable with
- To ensure best application we recommend softening the skin one week prior to the procedure through one of the following treatments: Microdermabrasion or Peel
- Contact lenses must be removed
- We will need you to complete a Client Consultation and Consent Form prior to treatment. You will also be provided with an Aftercare Form
- Client to complete Fitzpatrick Scale assessment to help determine best pigment colour
- You will be required to do a follow up appointment 4 weeks after your Treatment.
- Rinse area and gently pat dry before applying Bepantham or Protat to help fight against infection 4 times a day for 5-7 days following procedure.
- Do not use any other products on the tattoo area for 5 days following the procedure as the colour can change.
- No soap, cleansers or makeup on the tattooed area for 5 days following the procedure.
- The tattooed area must be kept moist whilst healing to prevent scabbing.
- NO picking the tattoo area as the colour can come away when bonding.
- Once healed apply sunscreen daily of the tattoo as sun can fade the tattoo.
- Cover tattoo with Vaseline when swimming in chlorinated water to avoid bleaching effect.
- Avoid chemical peels and microdermabrasion over the tattooed area following procedure as these lighten the tattoo.
- Check the products you are using… If they contain vitamins or acids they can fade the tattoo over time.
- Colours appear brighter and more defined immediately after the procedure. This will fade in the following 3 – 10 days. Wait for 4 weeks to judge the results. Any adjustment can be performed at your perfection visit.
- You cannot donate blood for 6 months following any cosmetic tattoo procedure. This is a world wide health regulation.
The client is required to book in for their Perfection visit 4-6 weeks following their procedure. There is no charge as this is part of the complete treatment.